Wednesday 12 June 2019

Is Sports Massage just for sports people?

NO!

Sports Massage is a type of deep tissue massage aimed at relieving muscular aches pains and strains.

Anyone can benefit from sports massage.

I have treated a full age and activity range from children as young as 11 to elderly clients nearing 80 from all walks of life.

Yes people do come to have a specific injury treated but the majority of my clients return time and again to relieve stress and tension from work or repetitive strain injuries as well as to prevent injuries from occurring due to a musculoskeletal issue such as a leg length discrepancy or scoliosis.

Of course I do see those with a more active lifestyle and those that train in specific sports.  In the 16 years that I have been practising sports massage and exercise rehabilitation I have treated gymnasts, triathletes, racquet sport players, boxers and kickboxers, ice hockey players, professional football and rugby players and even the referees!

Out of all of the above I would say that the most common reason why people come and seek treatment from me is for lower back or neck and shoulder pain.

There may be some medical contraindication which may prevent treatment such as DVT but fundamentally; if you are in pain and feel that it is muscular then try a sports massage!


If you are still unsure if sports massage is for you then you can always contact me and I will be happy to chat about your options.

1 comment:

  1. I'm no sports person (unless you count running around after a toddler) and have seen huge improvement to my neck, upper back and tight calves since my sessions with Nina. I always recommend her to (non sporty) friends as my sessions have had such a positive impact on my day to day life.

    ReplyDelete